Wednesday, 18 March 2009

hey, its been nearly a week!!!




oh my goodness, how time flies when you're having fun! I have been rather busy out in the garden ,what with all this beautiful weather. I have been out with a friend searching for another good garden centre and we found one , just near Helston. Lots of lovely stuff to be found there. Unfortunately i forgot to take my camera, but i shall be going back i'm sure.


I was looking for a nice button for my bag , and i thought ' why don't i have a go at making my own', need a bit more practise! They are made from polymer clay, the red ones are glittery but you can't see that in the photo. My mum , who passed away last year was a bit of a dab hand at calligraphy and she did this for me several years ago. Its been sitting on the landing windowsill and now i am going to put it up in my new sewing room, the perfect place yes? she would be so pleased! i will be back tomorrow with pics from the garden. xx

5 comments:

Poppy Cottage said...

That is such a lovely verse from your Mum. Isn't it so true, what we make will live on for so long and hopefully be passed on. Glad you found a good Garden centre. We have a lovely one here called Groves.

See you soon.

Colette

Diane said...

Hi Noelle, your post brought a tear to my eye. The calligraphy that your mum did for you is so special. Something that someone gives you, or makes you from the heart is worth more than anything that money can buy. Your buttons are the biz!! Is everyone in St Ives born with a craft gene? You'll have to get a little stall on the Wharf!! I love garden centres. I used to hate them when I was a kid and my Dad used to make us stop at everyone we passed. I now torture my kids in much the same fashion!! PS How do I show my email address on my blog?

Lynne said...

Hi Noelle,
The verse from your mother is lovely, the calligraphy and the sentiments. It's nice that you are able to put it up now.
I think the buttons look great. I keep thinking I should have a go with the polymer clay. But that's as far as I get with it.

urban craft said...

Cool buttons, I would have never thought to have made my own either. Great idea. Cool site. Thanks!

Lazylol said...

Hi - I am visiting your blog via Diane at Heart Shaped!
I love the buttons you made. You should sell them, it is so hard to get just the right buttons you need.
What a lovely thing to treasure from your mum. I think your sewing room is the perfect place for it.