Thursday, 12 March 2009

What have i been doing....

well, i've been sorting out my new sewing room. It desperately needs painting, its blue at the minute and i think i will do it a cream kind of colour! It needs to be neutral and calming yes? I have so much stuff , books magazines, boxes full of buttons,ribbons, bits and pieces not to mention all my fabric which is in two vintage pine boxes one in the front room and one in the hall. I will have to sort through it all and try and store it in my new room, hhhmmm someday!










Idid a bit of my knitting, did i tell you i was knitting a bag, i've done the main piece and am now doing the strap.Then i have to line it and find a lovely big button for the front and then i thought i would make some of lucy's flowers to stitch on the front! I will show you when i eventually finish it. Iwent to the farm shop and bought some lovely daffs and some gorgeous anenomies i just love those. Ihave got some anenome bulbs i must plant out as well, ooh so much to do !!



i could have just gone to this field and picked my own really. There are so many of these daffodil fields down here in cornwall, so there is no mistaking spring is on its way! Once the daffs have opened they don't pick them cos its too late then, so we get to see them blooming in the fields, nice eh! xx

8 comments:

aneela said...

Those daffodil fields look so lovely, am quite jealous at having to suffice with a few specimens in a vase!

cathleen said...

Noelle...such a pretty post. Lovely photos.

Diane said...

Hi Noelle
You are doing nothing to curb my extreme enthusiasm for Gods Own County!! I am loving your blog. I couldnt get to comment yesterday, but your pictures of Godrevy were divine. Its a beautiful place and its my desire to have a house with a view of the lighthouse - lucky you!! I'll try to get my blog up and running at the weekend. Our daffodils (in the frozen wastes of South Yorkshire) are still tightly in bud. Your bag looks interesting. I have a "contact" who works in a button factory!! let me know if you struggle to find the right one - I have jars full. Just let me have a brief description of what you require and I'll send you a selection. Thanks for the lovely photos.

noelle said...

hi diane, thanks for your lovely comment. Can't wait to see your blog, it'll be such fun! The button i will be after is a big purple one i think, i have hundreds of buttons but nothing big enough i don't think, actually green might be nice ooh i haven't decided yet!! will let you know, thanks for the kind offer. x

Diane said...

Hey Noelle, I think Ive got a blog!!! Check me out!! Leave me tips etc, I cant get it to work like everybody elses, How do you add "Blogs I follow"??

Diane said...

False start!! Sorry Noelle. I tried to run before I could walk and got my knickers in a right old twist!! This is now my new home!!

Diane said...

Hi Noell
Take a look at www.cornwallcam.co.uk today. I bet you are on there!!

clare said...

My very very favourite flower , lovely blog .
clares craftroom