Friday, 1 May 2009

Ah! There's the sun!

Yesterday afternoon the sun started to come out and by the evening it was quite lovely, so we went down to walk around the island. I love it here.



For those of you who don't know St.Ives , above pic is the island from Porthmeor Beach

On the island looking over towards Hayle across Porthgwidden Beach.


Sam ,his dad, and you can just see a black blob, that is Jodie the dog down on the rocks at the back of the island



St. Nicholas chapel right on the top of the island.



Looking out towards Godrevy(you can just see the white lighthouse in the distance, to the left.)The white building sticking up is the coastguards lookout.



A perfect end to the day , don't you think!

Oh, i haven't forgotten the giveaway . I shall be back later on to declare a winner!!

2 comments:

skippinginthemeadow said...

Beautiful photos, I particularly love the last one.
Glad the sun has shone for you at last, hope it continues to do so over the weekend.
Have a lovely bank holiday x
Sumea

Diane said...

Ahhhh. Thats just how I love my St Ives - blue blue blue sky. I was watching the storm on "You Tube" earlier today. There's great film of Porthmeor Beach - scary, but beautiful and powerful at the same time. I think we should play a game when I come down for my holiday. We should agree to wear something that we can identify each other by, and wear it all week until we spot each other. xx