Monday, 24 August 2009

fairy tale cottages

Rose Cottage pictured above is one of my new little houses, its my smallest one at just 3"x2.5" .
While browsing the internet for inspiration for my little houses i came across these ! oh my, they are just brilliant, i could live in one of those! I want to go there just to see. A chap called Hugh Compton built the first one in 1924 for his wife who made rag dolls, she wanted somewhere to display them! Then it seems everyone wanted one of these amazing little houses and now there is a whole village, i can't believe it, i so want one. They are in a place called Carmel-by-the-sea in California. I have been inspired, so my next little house will be a fairy tale cottage, in fact work is already underway! It is bigger than my usual ones but unfortunately not quite big enough to live in !!

8 comments:

Poppy Cottage said...

Rose cottage is lovely. Think I had better start saving up for when you do a Poppy Cottage!!!

Have a lovely week.

Colette x

Mummy Boo Bear said...

Wow just love your cottage. How beautiful they really are amazing.

Thank you for your comment on my blog. Lucky you living in cornwall and St Ives no less. its such a beautiful place. Although i am sure people who actually live there must get fed up with the tourists! lol.

Will come and pop by again soon.


MBBx

Diane said...

Clint Eastwood is from Carmel in California. I know, because I ued to work with a girl who virtually stalked him and she got herself a penfriend in Carmel so that she could go over and get to meet Mr Eastwood - which she eventually did. She was a strange girl!! I love Rose Cottage - very very sweet.

Tabiboo said...

Lovely Cottage and 'ooohhhh' I want one of those too.

Nina x

goldenbird said...

Your new cottage is adorable! I live about an hour from Carmel-by-the-Sea and it is just lovely. I have been going there for weekend getaways since I was a teenager and it does have a magical, fairytale feel to it. I love those Flickr photos, they are incredible!

Gingerbread said...

I do love this one you come up with some lovely ideas. Julie.C

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello
I have just discovered your beautiful blog. The cottage is so sweet, I love your work.
Isabelle x

Pomona said...

I live in a cottage - but not so cute as that! You are so clever!

Pomona x