Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Gingerbread house


Here is my little gingerbread house all finished and in my shop. Its bigger than my other houses, just like the fairytale cottage. I have never made a gingerbread house out of gingerbread before, it looks very fiddly. I have seen some lovely ones though with different coloured sweets all over them and much detail. I wouldn't like to eat it after all that work!! I thought i might make some very small houses to put on keyrings, you know , for your house keys maybe. I've made one to try out myself. I'll let you know how that works out , maybe i can put some in my folksy shop. Oh and i have a christmas house on the go too! Friday i am off with a friend to the Creative Stitches and Hobbycraft exhibition in Exeter, ooh i can't wait. I expect i shall come home with bags of supplies that i really, really do need!!!!!!! I'm thinking fabric,buttons, threads.........ooh how exciting!!!





Have a good rest of the week everyone! x x x x

15 comments:

Julia said...

Hello Noelle

Lovely to be back in blogland (thank you for your message today!)
May I say this, and I hope you dont mind me saying this - but your houses get better and better! Thats not to say I dont like the others, on the contrary, I adore them all, but they just seem to be evolving and the detail and the character you create in each one is stunning!!
Cant wait to see what you make next, have fun at the craft fair and give Exeter (my old home town) a little hello from me when you visit please!! :)

Love Julia xxx

Michela said...

How cute! Hope you're having a good week too!

Country Bliss said...

What a gorgeous little house, so cute!
Yvonne x

Diane said...

Have a great time - but leave your credit card at home!!! I love your gingerbread house. I got a picture of one of the internet to make for a friend for christmas - Ive bought the felt, but not done anything else with it yet!! Yours looks so lovely. xxx

Lyn said...

you have so much patience! I love the gingerbread house, quite Chrismassy!
Love
Lyn
xxx

goldenbird said...

Your gingerbread house is so cute! It would look great as a centerpiece on a holiday table.

Linda said...

The gingerbread house is adorable, Noelle. I love it!

sguyot said...

Love it,it will certainly make everyone that sees smile !

Joanne said...

Hello Noelle,
It's great to have time for some blogging again and to see all the lovely things people make but I must say this is the loveliest thing ever it's so cute.
I thought about going to Exeter but we are of on 2 weeks holiday in less than a month so I think I should save my money. Anyway have a good time can't wait to see what you buy.
Joanne x

julieknitsjuliesews said...

I think this one is a really sweet design, your detail is so good too. Thanks for your kind comment you left me. best wishes Julie.C

Lynne said...

Hi Noelle,
Thanks for asking. It's great to be back in Blogland with friends.
It looks as though you are having a busy but fun time. I just love you newest houses, so pretty!
Looking forward to seeing what goodies you bring back with you.
Lynne

heidi said...

hi,this is my first stop to your sweet blog,love the funky layout!! i found your blog through jane & the happy crow,jane is a friend of mine & another attraction was that you live in wonderful cornwall,we are regular visitors & hope to one day live there,you have to have a dream!! cute little houses!! x

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Noelle
How sweet, it must have been fun to make. I do like your little houses full of character.I looks like I am going to have to traet myself to one soon!
Isabelle x

Danielle Barlow said...

Gorgeous gingerbread house - much nicer than the real thing!

徵信社 said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

參觀,Thanks