Thursday, 15 October 2009

I'm growing a pineapple!

Haven't told you about my pineapple i don't think have i ? Well i have tried planting the tops before but with no luck, so back in the beginning of the summer i think it was, i thought i would have another go, but this time i dried it out first, then planted it, and look !! The leaves with brown bits on are the old leaves but the new ones are all shooting up the middle. I don't know how far it will go and i think they get very large, but i had to have ago. Anyone else grown one?


One of my favourite times, a quiet cuppa and a look through the latest CL mag!


Heres Alfie, he's needlefelted and ready to go in my shop later along with some new houses, i have been busy. I have been down on hours at work just lately so have been using the time to sew and felt. Although i have a sewing room upstairs i much prefer to sit at the kitchen table and sew, i think i like to be near the kettle and the food!!! I can either listen to music or watch/listen to the tv. I am very happy just to sit and create and the time goes really fast, i can often be still sitting there at 1am in the morning!!!


Middle of the week already, hope you're all having a good one!! x x x

11 comments:

MelMel said...

Cute bear!

My CL mag has not come yet....:>(

Looks good too!x

heidi said...

hi noelle,
hows you?
alfies a cutie!
never tried growing a pineapple,good luck!
xx

goldenbird said...

That bear is very cute! Is he teeny tiny? Good luck with your pineapple ...

Tabiboo said...

'Aaaaawwww' Alfie is such a cutie and hope the pineapple keeps going,

Nina x

noelle said...

he's a cute 3 inches when sitting, his arms and legs move as he is thread jointed! x

Mummy Boo Bear said...

Alfie is such a cutie! I am in love.

I have heard that heard that you can grow the tops of pineapples and have thought about having a go. But was always just a bit skeptical as to whether it would work or not. I might just have a go at some point now. lol.


MBBx

Diane said...

I didnt know you could do this with Pineapple's!! I have only done this with Carrots (at infant school)! Alfie is adorable. I bet you look really content in you kitchen sewing away. xxxxx

Joanne said...

What a cutie.
some man was in our local paper a while ago for growing a pineapple and it had a pineapple on it, I know that sounds silly but it takes a few years before they produce fruit.

Have a good weekend

Joanne x

Poppy Cottage said...

Hello. The pineapple is great. I have never tried to grow one before. Might give that a go.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Colette x

dottydaisies said...

I too am often found in the lounge at 1 A.M inthe morning sewing or needlefelting with no clue as to what time it is - but boy do i regret it in the morning !!!

Lynne said...

Alfies lovely.
I haven't grown pineapples before.
Have a great weekend.