Monday, 1 March 2010

Godrevy


I so love Godrevy, i think its the lighthouse i like so much. Oh and the seals, yes i do love the seals. They spend much of the day basking on the beach in a little cove just round from the lighthouse. Nobody can get down to them which is a good thing, but you can stand right above them and watch them sleeping and moving around sometimes playing. They look like a load of dead slugs! I didn't count them today but last time i counted over 70!!




It was another spring like day today, as you can see from the photos so this is where i went, its one of my favourite places.






I love that lighthouse, i want to go there, sometimes when life gets too much i think i could live there, just me on my own, but in reality i don't think i could stand it for more than about a week, and then theres the small issue that i don't do boats very well!! They could always drop me off in the helicopter i suppose! Perhaps i will just continue to visit and admire it from afar!!!

13 comments:

Julies knitting corner said...

Thank you Noelle for showing my giveaway. I have too agree with you where the lighthouse is seems a lovely place too be, I like the picture of the seals. best wishes Julie.C

funkymonkey said...

Delicious pictures of the lighthouse that make me long to be in Cornwall again. I fantasise about living in a lighthouse on my own. Just me and my cross stitch and my radio - heaven - until I need to go shopping!

Tracey

allsewnup said...

What a view. The inspiration you must get from such a setting is evident in your creations.

Carolyn

Lynne said...

Lovely photos, are they all recent? Looks fabulous weather if they are, (just a mite envious there). Aren't lighthouses beautiful?
Enoy your week.

heidi said...

Godrevy is lovely isnt it noelle?!!
And the seals are just wonderful,i was snapping like mad taking pictures.
Have you been in the tearoom,nice lunches?!
It must have been beautiful there today in this spring like weather.
xx

Diane said...

I too love Godre vy - wish I was close enough for a walk like you. The seals are gorgeous - hope the weather holds - then just gets better!!! xxxx

Julia said...

Hello Noelle

Im sat here laughing my head off at your description of those seals, and then the photo of them finished me off - isnt it funny what tickles us?!
Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree with you about lighthouses, there is something lonely and wonderful about them all at once - a great escape indeed!
Thanks for the lovely photos, and the giggle today!

Julia x x x

wonderwoman said...

Lovely photos - makes me want to be by the sea!

xx

Blooming Felt said...

I love Godrevy. My in-laws live about a 15 minute walk inland from there and we love to take the long walk down all those steps to the beach whenever we visit x

goldenbird said...

Nice photos! I wish I was by the ocean right now. Spending some alone time in a lighthouse sounds good to me ...

louise35flower said...

Such a lovely walk for a spring day. It reminded me of a holiday a few years ago when we watched the seals bobbing about at Cape Cornwall, fanatastic!

maria said...

We were some of the Cornwall invaders last year and I loved Godrevy beach too and it's not far from St.Ives. What more could you want?

jane and the happy crow said...

We will have to get over there and see the seals. If its a nice day on Friday we will go for a nice wald there. Thank you for showing us. Jane xx