Thursday, 6 January 2011

A New Year

Fresh Flowers

A new Hanging, 'The Crooked House'.




Theres still loads of these left , I don't really like chocolate but they do look pretty in all their colourful wrappers!



This driftwood Heart i bought in Mousehole on my Birthday and when my new bed arrives it shall hang on there but for now it hangs in the kitchen on the mirror.
Lots of changes in store for this year i think, we need to think about alternative arrangements for my Dad. I don't know if i told you last year he had a stroke and although he is still up and about he needs to have people around most of the time. He lives about ten miles from us and its just a bit too far to be able to pop in often enough , so we are thinking about moving him nearer or even moving him in with us. Its all a bit up in the air at the minute, lots to think about.
I've just started back sewing again, i do love to sew and have missed it over the holiday. As you may know i have a bit of a thing for houses and my Crooked House was an idea i had over Christmas and was dying to get on with it. I also want to do a bit more crochet, but it scares me slightly!!!! Will give it a go. Got lots of ideas for hangings and alot of houses involved! Will keep you posted! xxxxx





11 comments:

Diane said...

Two families on my street have also got elderly parents on the street also - in homes of their own, but near enough to be able to have family company almost all of the day. It seems to work really well for them all. It seems to enrich all of their lives and the elders seem very "secure". I love your crooked house. xxx

wonderwoman said...

what a great house!!! i have not done much sewing over christmas so its nice to get back to it. Good luck with the crochet - its very addictive!

xx

summerfete said...

Happy new year Noelle.

Yes keep sewing, I am and my fingers ache from it!

We walked through Mousehole last year, it was very sweet.

Love that heart too!

Brenda Kula said...

This. Is. Adorable. Sewing!!! You don't like chocolate? Oh girl, I wish I didn't!
Brenda

KC'sCourt! said...

Why does Crochet scare you. I wish I lived nearer I would love to teach you.
I love the crooked house picture
Julie xxxxxx

Lyn said...

It is nice to see your sewing Noelle. Hope you get your dad sorted and both you and he are happy.
love
Lyn
xxx

*✿*millie meadowsweet*✿* said...

the crooked house is super! love it.

wishing you a very, happy, healthy, joyful, peaceful and creative new year xxx

millie

jane and the happy crow said...

Belated Happy New Year to you Noelle. Looking forward to seeing more of your work this year. Jane xx

Jessie said...

A lovely crooked house! Such a great design. I used to sew all the time but I think my paints shout louder these days!;) xx

SaraLynn said...

You make the most wonderful and whimsical things! Each is like a very special sewn illustration. Beautiful!

two bones and a bagle said...

Crochet is fab when you get into it - do not be afraid - actually be afraid because once you start to hook you may not do anything else. Found your blog via Heartshaped - its very cheery. TTFN. Its not just be who uses this thats refreshing.