Monday, 17 January 2011

Sunshine on a rainy day.........

Beachhuts.
This is a piece i have just finished, i've added one of my 'special' seagulls, they seem to pop up on most of my work, but then living in St. Ives they seem to pop up everywhere full stop!!!!
As my work mostly features sun, sea and sand i'm not too bothered that its raining again outside!!!!


Oh look , there's another one!


Boat and gulls.


Excuse the rather wonky angle of this picture, i just wanted to show you i painted my dresser. I forgot though to take a before picture hahaha! It was a very dark varnished pine and i didn't like it very much, anyway i love it now in cream with new knobs.
(See my little owl, Diane!)
Anyway, hope you are all well, i,m off to finish some more work, got two little houses to go to Austria next week!!! Oh and i've just been informed the cake tin,s empty!!!
TTFN
xxxxx




10 comments:

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

I love your signature gulls! The beach huts are totally tropical - lovely and sunny!

ahomespunyear said...

Gorgeous colours, and love the seagulls! Dresser looks great too. I finally took the plunge and painted our kitchen cupboards in a soft cream. It took me ages to make the decision...seemed a big step! Must put a photo on the blog someday soon.

summerfete said...

Hi Noelle glad you have been getting your sunshine, I've been getting mine from my jazzy patchwork.

A flock of seagulls flew over my house at the weekend, and one made a call, which made me think of cornwall..sigh!!

wonderwoman said...

its lovely, definitely brings sunshine to a rainy day and its still raining now!x

Lyn said...

them seagulls get everywhere!
good work on the dresser Noelle!
love
Lyn
xxx

Diane said...

Your work - as ever - is amazing and the dresser looks great. Great to see that an owl isn't just for Christmas! xxxx

dosierosie said...

I love beach huts they make me feel happy. I had a St.Ives seagull pinch my lunch on one of my visits, still it didn't spoil the day.
Gillxx

Felicity said...

i love your dresser and your pictures, i hope your seagulls dont pinch pasties! fliss xxx

Julies Knit & Sew Corner said...

Lovely work Noelle, I like the boat and gulls nice and colourful.
Happy cake making. Julie.C

Teje said...

Hello Noelle...that's too bad if there is no cake, we just finished ours, too! I just love your 'paintings'! They are all so beautiful and like a stories! I think it's wonderful if we have something our own special in our crafts, like you have your sweet seagulls! I haven't found mine yet.
Sunny wishes! Teje