Friday, 15 July 2011

Beads,beads,beads!!!

After much searching for something different to add to the piece I'm sewing at the moment,which is quite different to what I normally sew, I finally decided to have a go at making some Fabric Beads for myself.
I do so love the Textile Art Beads that Carolyn Saxby makes, I am lucky enough to have some. So , inspired by those, I made these,from scraps of fabric and bits and bobs.
Thing is, its very, very addictive and I'm hooked, I love making them!
So, there we are, the sewing has gone back in my box, while I continue to make Beads!!!




Have a lovely creative weekend everyone xx





7 comments:

Julies Knit and Sew Corner said...

Its good to have a change, and these fabric beads look interesting. I am enjoying cross stitch and embroidery at the moment, so my knitting needles are are only making small projects at the moment.
Have a great weekend. Julie.C x

Diane said...

I see youve got a bit carried away!!! They are lovely Noelle. Carolyn is a great inspiration. Hope you are OK. xxxx

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Thanks Noelle for your get well wishes. I'm really quite poorly ... still in bed with nasty flu and using the laptop sparingly. Just popped by to see the beads. I can see you've been having fun!! Glad you are enjoying making them. Hope to see you some time soon, have a lovely weekend despite this wintery rain we are having in July! xoxo
Carolyn

ps. thanks for the mention xo

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

They're really pretty Noelle. How are things? Lesley x

Lynne said...

Those beads look lovely, delicious in fact!

WinnibriggsHouse said...

This is something that is completely new to me, but very pretty. I can see why you are getting addicted. I am currently making organza flowers for headbands, hair clips and shoe clips and like your beads they seem to be taking over!

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It works great and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com