Saturday, 30 July 2011

New House (no, I haven't moved)!!!!

Textile Art HouseI used alot of vintage bits and bobs, including the old key, which I found a bag of at the carboot sometime ago, I knew I could use them one day!!


And this textile Hanging, I used some of my homemade beads on this, and another old key!!

I have a bit of a thing for houses, don't you think?!






Ahh, now this is my first water lily flower , I put the plant in the pond 2 years ago. I was so excited to see the first bud and even more so when it flowered!!! I have newts that love to lie underneath the pads but I am not quick enough to catch them on camera!!






And finally I just love the colour of this Hydrangea, kind of a vintage pink!!

Enjoy your weekend, I'm off to figure out why I cant comment on hardly anyones blogs!!!

ttfn xx










9 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Its fantastic!
Julie xxxxxx

wonderwoman said...

I love your houses and this one is just fantastic - the little key just makes it perfect!

xxx

Ashley said...

I absolutely love the wall hanging. I'd love to be able to make something like this and have it hanging on my wall... one day maybe! I'm ordering a free-hand foot for my sewing machine so hopefully I'll be able to practise my free-hand sewing soon..!

Ashley xxx

Lynne said...

Hi Noelle,
I had a problem commenting and was advised to unclick the 'stay signed in' box. Hope it works for you.
Love your new pieces. I love old keys, don't you?

Julies Knit and Sew Corner said...

A lovely interesting design. Nice work.
best wishes Julie.C

Jessie said...

Hi Noelle, I'm glad you manged to comment on mine! :) Thanks for your lovely message and if you need to toip to get going with keeping a visual journal, I found the best wat for me is to do a page each day but not having any expectations or worrying about what to draw or the outcome, just anything really, like a doodle. You'll be surprised how thet can lead to other things. :) I love your new fabric house, especially with the little additions such as the key! You have a clever eye for colour and texture!xx

crafts@home said...

Hello there, I'm your latest swap partner.... I think you have a huge advantage over me.... you live in my most favourite place and your sewing is brilliant :) I can't wait...
Sue Xxx

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Lovely work ... you have been busy Noelle. I have a thing about houses too ... well cottages really. My quilt I was stitching for FOQ had 22 cottages on it. Lovely seascape wallhanging with your beads on

Hope to see you soon Noelle
Carolyn xo

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Love your houses Noelle. Congratulations on the first flowering of your water lily, it really is a thing of beauty - perfection! Lesley x