Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Work in progress

Here's my Mermaid being made into a hanging.

Her hair colour has changed!



I've painted her face, that was a scary moment as it was already stitched in place when I decided I would paint it, shes missing some eyelashes and pink cheeks but they will be added later.

When I learnt to Applique I was taught to do invisible stitching, which I did for years, but now I don't like to! I like my stitches to show, it adds a bit of decorative something,I think , AND I quite often use different colours, so there!!!!!!!Hahaha!

I am going to have lots of fun with this quilt as its going to be full of little fishes, shells and anything else I can think of!!!

Hope you're all doing something creative, see you soon xx



11 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

The Mermaid hanging is so cute. She is perfect.
I also love the picture in the heading,
Julie xxxxxxxxxx

summerfete said...

Hello Noelle how's St Ives?
We are hoping to pop down soon!

Looks like you are having fun with a needle too!

Lyn said...

Wish I was Noelle, boring course work for me! I am looking forward to seeing the quilt all done-no pressure!
xxx

Bee happy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog cos now I get to follow your sweet blog :) I love your mermaid and your houses. I adore the seaside so your photos have cheered me up cos it's raining here in Yorkshire. Have you entered my ribbon giveaway? It's on the sidebar on my blog :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

crafts@home said...

She is beautiful, nothing creative for me at the mo, glued to the computer once again :/
Sue Xxx

wonderwoman said...

she's looking great!!

xx

Lynne said...

I think she's going to look fantastic.

Diane said...

I can't wait to see how she turns out. She'll be a stunner I bet. xxxxx

Jessie said...

Hi Noelle, lucky you living in St Ives :) I absolutely LOVE it there and daydream about staying there forever. It's great to see your mermaid drawings spring to life in fabric!xx

Kat W said...

Hi Noelle - just discovered you via your comment on Jessie's blog and just wanted to compliment you on your beautiful textile art - you create gorgeous art!

Thought I may connect up with you on etsy but I see you're on folksy. Folksy looks great but I'm not sure I can cope with it on top of etsy just at the moment. But at least I can visit you & your creations in blogland & facebook:-)

Kat (Also from Cornwall)
:-)

Buy and Sell Collectibles said...

Hi,
Faljo.com - Your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks