Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Today was a lovely day here, these pictures were taken this afternoon whilst walking the dogs.

The sea in the distance that way.......



And Steeple Point in the distance that way. It was nice to be out today, it was cold but lovely blue sky and SUNSHINE!!!


I have been making some more Vintage style cloth dolls and I'm going to put them in my Etsy shop, or my Folksy shop, or both!






The dolls are made from tea stained calico to age them a bit, then they get their pretty dresses made from either new or recycled fabric, pantaloons, little felt shoes, bits of vintage lace and old mother of pearl buttons are added, jute string hair and finally paint their little faces.

Each doll has a name and has it stamped on to her very own vintage effect handmade tag, which is pinned to the back of her dress. This one above you can see is 'Maisie'.







Here is Maisie with her friend Ruby!


Going to do a bit of re-organising in my online shops and try to promote them a bit more than I have been doing. Might give my blog a bit of a re style too, can't figure out why my header photo isn't central anymore!


Wishing you all a lovely rest of the week!

xxx









8 comments:

Poppy Cottage said...

Hello.

How much are you selling the girls for?

(and hope you had a lovely Christmas!)

Colette

KC'sCourt! said...

Thosae dollies are wonderful.
Julie xxxxx

The Craft Giraffe said...

Beautiful dolls. They would be a beautiful gift to give to a girl of any age.

wonderwoman said...

Lovely pics and gawjus dolls. Xxxx

Diane said...

The girls are gorgeous!!! I'm sure that these will sell well Noelle. Thanks for the photos of Sunny St Ives - you know I need my fix. xxxxxx

Purpletreebird said...

Maisy and Ruby, 2 names from my family! :o)
They're really lovely!
Jess xx

Lynne said...

Nice to see some sunshine. Your dolls are lovely.

Liz said...

Have just discovered your blog - your dolls are gorgeous!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger