Saturday, 22 September 2012

Fabric Journal


 A few posts ago you remember I made my first book, well, it wasn't quite what I had in mind. I wanted to make a fabric book really. So after trawling t'internet  I found lots of good ideas for making fabric journals THIS is what I want to do I said to myself! So this is my first attempt at a fabric journal, based on Teesha Moores wonderful journals made by making small quilted pillows and stitching them together then decorating them with applique, embroidery and embellishments. I like how it turned out and made it for my daughter Ami. I added blank paper pages for her to either write ,draw, add photos or paint.


 This is still not quite what I want! I want the whole book made from fabric, pages and all! So I am busy painting, dyeing, staining fabrics ready for my next attempt. I have a picture in my head of what I want so its just a case of getting it together!


 Inside the back pocket of this book is a little fabric pocket to put bits and pieces in, photos and things! I forgot to photograph that bit!!

Ami loved it, by the way!

6 comments:

Lyn said...

Oh I am sure she does! it's lovely.
xxx

dosierosie said...

I love the book you've made but can't wait to see what you come up with for the next one.
Gillx

Judys Fabrications said...

Noelle, your book is absolutely gorgeous!! Adore your houses on your header.I'm a doll maker, so I love whimsy.Ami's a lucky girl! Bet her eyes lit up when she saw her gorgeous gift!

KC'sCourt! said...

The little book is wonderful
Julie xxxxxx

Gilli said...

I must say that I'm not surprised that this lovely little book was loved by Ami. It is such a delight and thanks for the info about the clever lady who gave you the inspiration!

Diane said...

I love it too! You are very clever xxxxx