Sunday, 28 October 2012

At last, I'm a Hooker!!!!!!!

 I have wanted to Crochet for ages, but everytime I gave it a go it went wrong and I lost patience with it. I really, really wanted to make the ripple pattern that Lucy from Attic 24 has a tutorial for. Oh, I tried and I tried, but just couldn't get the gist of it! I wanted a lovely bright colourful blanket for my own! So, I perservered and mastered the Treble Crochet stitch and so thought I could make a whole blanket using that one stitch, YAY!! And so I treated myself to a bumper bundle of yarn and away I went and am still going, and whats more I still have the same number of stitches I started with, amazing! One day I shall master that Ripple Pattern, how hard can it be really, but for now I am soooooooo happy with my simple Treble Blanket.




There it is, each stripe is 2 rows and the colours are a tad brighter than the photo, its going to be quite big, its folded up in the picture. I am loving doing it, makes a change from knitting and its something I can just pick up and put down whenever, you know between sewing projects and when you've just got ten minutes here and there,although I find it quite hard to put down once I start!!

Wishing you all a happy creative week
xxxxx

11 comments:

Poppy Cottage said...

Congratulations!!! I used YouTube to help me xx

Kashi said...

Yay! It looks great so far. You are going to have so much fun. Welcome to the group. :)

lovestitch said...

Wow! You are definitely a hooker! :)
Love the yarn and the colors you are choosing, they are so pretty!
Don't forget Youtube, you can find all you need there! I especially appreciated Teresa with her crochet channel from where I learned my crochet. Note sure if you know it yet, if not, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/tjw1963.
Best wishes,
LS

Diane said...

Well done Noelle - that looks fab xxxx

KC'sCourt! said...

Congratulations - It looks great!
Julie xxxxxxx

Lorraine said...

Hi There,
love your blog which I found a link for through Crafts@home Blog. Congratulations on becoming a 'hooker', It took me around 30 years to master it despite the efforts of my Nanny (Grandma)and its worth every dropped stitch etc. Keep up the good work

Jess said...

I've been crocheting for most of my life and I still have trouble keeping the same number of stitches to a row! It's interesting to hear of people going on Youtube for crochet lessons, what a great idea. well done Noelle!:)
Jess x

Lyn said...

Looking good! It is so addictive too! Xxx

Stories From The Air said...

So beautiful

Lyn said...

I much prefer crochet to knitting and so glad you are hooked! Xxx

Cath said...

Love the colours in this :)